Winter is a very harsh season and especially those areas that see snow in the winter, got to endure a lot. Most of the trees survive the winter with ease but the cold does take a toll on them.
Only if the trees have been prepared well for the winter season, they would be able to make it through it in the best way and without having to deal with its harshness.
If you have trees in your yard and you want to get them ready for the winter, you can either do it on your own or call the professionals to do it for you with ease.
There are a lot of good companies for tree services St. Louis, and it would not be at all difficult to find the best ones near you. All you need to do is to give them a call and get them booked for your tree services.
They will visit your trees, check their condition, and make the arrangements so that your trees can go through winter gracefully and all you have to do is to enjoy the results.
Now let us take a look at the winter preparation tips for the trees so that if you have got to do it on your own, you do not have to worry about a thing.
- Winter is a rough season and most of the trees go dormant during this season. So water your tree plentiful in the days of autumn so that they can store a good amount of water and withstand the cold.
- The roots of the trees are most likely to get damaged in the extreme cold season. But if you put mulch on the roots, they would get better and they would grow even better. So use a mulch to cover the roots of the trees.
- Sometimes the trees are not making a sufficient amount of food and nutrients for their growth and the use of fertilizer on the plants will help them with it. So before the winter sets in, use fertilizer in the plant soil.
- Pruning is another way of helping the tree get better branches and stronger shoots. So prune to get rid of the dead and dry branches and also to stop the tree from getting oversized.
- Covering the bark of the tree is also something very important that can help your tree stay out of damage.